Executive Director, Admissions
Job location: Smilow Center-6TH Floor
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-12
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleExecutive Director, AdmissionsJob Profile TitleExecutive Director AJob Description SummaryThe Executive Director of Admissions works collaboratively with the Associate Dean of Admissions on all admission functions at the School of Medicine including the recruitment, screening, interview and selection process of applicants, Penn Preview (for accepted applicants) as well as on-boarding new students. Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the office, budget, and supervision of staff as well as a strong collaborative relationship with the Director of Financial Aid, Curriculum and Center for Student Life.
Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Office of Admissions, including the following:
- Develop new and innovative recruitment programs
- Recommend policy and procedural changes to increase the quality of processes and/or improve the daily functioning of the office.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with college pre-health advisors, academic advisors, and advisors of career centers, as well as national pre-medical/ pre-health
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality with particularly sensitive and personal data for all mechanisms for maintenance of FERPA within the SOM.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory and compliance parameters from the LCME, AAMC and other agencies.
- Supervise applicant screening process of approximately 7,000 candidates for admission and jointly with the Associate Dean for Admissions informed by the Admissions Committee recommend decision to interview.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion on development of admission criteria to foster improved enrollment of students who are underrepresented in medicine.
- Create all marketing materials to ensure effective representation of PSOM. Oversee the design and content of website, as well as all print and electronic communications while being mindful of budget restrictions.
- Oversee and represent the SOM at off-campus events for marketing and recruitment.
- Oversee the recruitment and retention of candidate screeners and interviewers to include faculty and students. With the Associate Dean for Admissions, provide necessary training to screeners , interviewers and committee members to ensure all involved in the admissions process.
- Serve as the interface with faculty, administrators, staff, prospective students, pre-medical advisors on admissions policies and procedures.
- Direct all activities involved with the recruitment, screening, interviewing, and selection of candidates for admission. Ensure effective communication with prospective students throughout the admission and enrollment process.
- Track and respond to all external correspondence while ensuring the integrity of the process is maintained.
- Collaborate with assessment staff on the analysis and interpretation of student performance based on admission data.
- Provide input to Associate Dean of Admissions for development of annual recruitment plan and implement plan.
- Maintain professional expertise through attendance at professional meetings, review of current literature, and contact with other admissions professionals.
- Other duties as assigned
Master's Degree and 5 to 7 years, Bachelor's Degree and 7 to 10 years or equivalent combination of years and experience required.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolPerelman School of MedicinePay Range$88,861.00 - $168,837.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.