Academic Program Coordinator
Academic Program Coordinator
Job no: 493531
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
This is a full-time, 12-month, staff appointment in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The academic program coordinator is responsible for tracking and ensuring compliance of student requirements for entry into Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences. The academic coordinator is also responsible for securing availability of preceptors and assigning placement of students for Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences.Responsibilities
- Coordinate the scheduling of Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences; rescheduling of students as needed; answering scheduling questions and concerns of students and preceptors.
- Tracks all rotation assessment documentation regarding student and preceptor performance for Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences.
- Serve as student health center representative for all pharmacy students and work with HRC to coordinate events to help student meet health and safety requirements required for placement at introductory and advanced rotation sites.
- Track/obtain student requirements for entry into introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences including completion of intern licenses (including out of state licensure), HIPAA training, blood borne pathogen training, criminal background checks, and student ePortfolios.
- Verifies completion of skills-based competencies required for P4 students prior to graduation.
- Tracks CEI completion by preceptors and assists students and preceptors with questions.
- Annually reviews preceptor’s requests for affiliate status and checks that requirements are met for new or continued renewal.
- Updates IPPE and APPE community preceptor status and ensures applications and syllabus are on file.
- Assists students with out of state licensure requirements and paperwork, including investigate hours for states.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the healthcare field is preferred.
- Be able to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external members in writing, in person, and utilizing a telephone.
- Ability to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Proficiency in software used for scheduling and evaluating experiential students.
- Understanding of pharmacy professional degree and licensing requirements.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: August 12, 2019