Digital Imaging Technician
The Digitial Imaging Technician, term position involves the preparation and digitization of library materials from our East Asian Library, using a copy stand with a mounted camera and medium format digital back. This position has additional responsibility for image processing, editing and organizing digital files in a representation of the original material.
Those invited for an interview should be prepared to demonstrate basic image editing ability using image editing software.Responsibilities
For this project the incumbent will be responsible for photographing bound material at prescribed specifications in a high-quality, production-oriented manner to meet project goals and obligations using Macintosh and Windows systems.
This position has additional responsibility for image processing, editing and organizing digital files in a representation of the original material.
The incumbent will also help coordinate digital imaging workflow for this project. This includes record keeping through a shared spreadsheet registry and workflow management application.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.Qualifications
- Experience using photo-based digital imaging systems as described above.
- Familiarity with image editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or proprietary digital photography software.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently in a production environment.
- Ability to work for extended periods in a low-light, color-managed work environment.
- Ability to determine basic organization of East Asian materials to assure volume and page order.
- Experience digitizing and handling bound East Asian materials.
- Skill in using Apple Macintosh computer systems and associated software, including Capture One and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to discriminate tonal variations and color fidelity of digital reproductions in relation to original objects.
- Ability to work accurately in a detail- and production-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary production team setting as well as independently.
- Good decision-making, communication, record-keeping and basic math skills
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Salary GradeBLB, 05Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date12/31/2020Physical Capacity Exam RequiredNoUnion CodeLIB-Amer Fed State County Mun EmpsValid Driver’s License RequiredNo