PC Support Specialist (part-time)
The PC Support Specialist will assist the staff at the help desk in providing quality customer service under the Director of Technical Services in various assignments related to providing level 1 technical support.
This is a support position is as a member of the Information Technology Team with accountability to the Director of Technical Services. NTC's IT Students are encouraged to apply to create a pathway into their IT career.
Note: Schedule will vary based on staffing needs, which may include evenings and weekend hours.
- Essential Functions
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee and student use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Establish and maintain an inventory including repair and replacement items in NTC's help desk software.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide level 1 technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to level 2 and level 3 support technicians on the Technical Services team for service.
- Clean, review and handle minor equipment maintenance to assure its operational condition.
6 to 8 hours: Performing repetitive movements
4 to 5 hours: Grasping, reaching, sitting, twisting, working indoors
1 to 3 hours: Bending, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, standing, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 10-15 repetition (s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 10-15 repetition (s) per hour
20- 50 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
50-100 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency action plan, emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace), and slips, trips, & falls