Executive Assistant, Vice President for Learning
Serves in direct support to the Vice President for Learning, Executive Dean of Academic Excellence and the Learning Team. Coordinates and process high level and confidential information. Provide frontline customer service to all who enter the executive administration area.
As a member of Leadership, the Executive Assistant for the Vice President for Learning, will portray a broad institutional perspective that supports the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment that strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. A Leader will support a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams.
In addition, Leaders will live NTC's operating principles of integrity, respect, learning, collaboration, responsibility, innovation, and service.
- Bachelor's degree OR an Associate's degree with the agreement to obtain a Bachelor's degree after hire. An educational degree in administrative, business or educational area is preferred.
- A minimum of (4) years office/administrative assistant experience, preferably supporting an individual in a highly visible position.
- Must demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment, and make decisions within the scope of authority.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to handle sensitive situations discretely and confidentially.
- Requires ability to handle sensitive or difficult situations and people in a discreet, confidential, and professional manner.
- Strong technology skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Outlook, database systems, and the ability to learn other appropriate programs as necessary. Minimum typing proficiency of at least 60 gross words per minute.
- Must possess strong detailed and organizational skills, time management, resourcefulness, critical thinking and exceptional ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Experience to include:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and manage complexity under multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with a willingness to explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments..
- Exhibit exemplary people and communication skills (written, verbal, and electronic).
- Well-developed and professional presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and assertiveness in support of the College, even in difficult situations.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work with and analyze complicated forms and information.
- Must be customer-focused with an ability to exercise good judgment, make decisions within the scope of authority, and discreetly handle difficult situations and confidential matters. Requires a working knowledge of office procedures, organizational skills, time management, multitasking, initiative, creativity, critical thinking and resourcefulness to resolve problems independently and within teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral, written and electronic communication skills.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting, working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, twisting, walking, working at heights, working in temperature extremes, working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetition (s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency procedures, and ergonomics (office/workplace).