Faculty Support Specialist, National & Global, School of Nursing
JOB TITLE: FACULTY SUPPORT SPECIALIST, NATIONAL & GLOBAL, SCHOOL OF NURSING
POSITION SUMMARY: The faculty support specialist is responsible for the vital faculty coordination activities, including scheduling assigned instructors to courses, assisting faculty with resolving problems, and processing instructor payroll. Additional responsibilities will include providing customer service and communicating with other departments on issues of common concern.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Administrative Assistant/Staff Manager & Dean, Divisions of Post-licensure and Masters Nursing, IWU-National & Global
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with qualified faculty and assign to available courses.
- Coordinates with SON leadership to support faculty and the educational components of the SON, N&G programs.
- Review teaching loads to ensure compliance with school expectations.
- Process instructor payroll.
- Develop and manage program calendars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Access), and IWU Computer systems/willing to learn IWU computer systems.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment adjusting priorities as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- One to three years of office experience preferred.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer