Manager, Network & Audio Visual Operations
Position Title:Manager, Network & Audio Visual Operations Position Number:10043194 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/08/2019 Salary Minimum:$68,051 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Manager, Network & Audio Visual Operations on the Dahlonega campus. The Manager, Network & Audio Visual Operations provides operational troubleshooting, repair, consulting, and support services to support the network and audio visual infrastructure needs of the University. Responsible for the implementation and ongoing operations of campus infrastructure including wired and wireless networks, network security systems, and data centers. Responsible for the implementation and operations of audio-visual systems. This position works closely with infrastructure engineers, operational teams, and services to deliver reliable network & communications services.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Network Administrator will:
- Participate in and oversee the implementation and ongoing operations of wired and wireless networking for all infrastructure services, including but not limited to LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, data centers, UPS, telecommunications, and supporting systems. Ensure network systems operate in accordance UNG and USG baselines and standards as well as industry best practices.
- Participate in and oversee the implementation and ongoing operations of audio-visual systems for classrooms, meeting spaces, event venues, digital signage, and other public gathering locations. Ensure AV media servers, teleconferencing systems, and room monitoring systems meet UNG and USG baselines and standards as well as industry best practices.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and operations of university infrastructure. Release team resources to projects and workflows as needed. Coordinate the efforts of network, telecom, and audio-visual administrators and technicians with projects. Communicate with engineering teams during projects and implementations to ensure designs meet operations standards. Maintain infrastructure monitoring systems for availability, capacity, and security metrics. Provide timely and deliberate communications regarding the status and availability of network, communications, and audio-visual systems.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of network, telecom, and audio-visual systems infrastructure diagrams and documentation. Ensure the effective use of ITSM processes by infrastructure operations to provide accurate and efficient incident and request resolution. Assist with the creation and maintenance of UNG operational network, telecom, and audio-visual systems baselines and standards. Provide feedback to engineering teams for continuous improvement.
- Perform professional development, innovation, and other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of networking architecture and design; working knowledge of fiber optics, copper cabling, and the tools used to install and support these.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless network configuration.
- Understanding of network protocols and information security.
- Understanding of analog and VoIP telephony systems.
- Knowledge of audio-visual engineering and system integration.
- Understanding of the physics of light and sound as they relate to projection/display systems, building surfaces for enhanced sound delivery and mitigation of audiovisual degradation as a result of architectural considerations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with and lead team members and users in an effective manner.
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of and evaluate emerging technologies.
- On-call availability for support resolution or escalation. Works occasional nights, weekends, or holidays in support of ongoing implementations and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in networking/telecommunications design, maintenance and repair; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience efficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- ITIL, CCENT, CCNA, or Network+ desired. CTS & Security+ preferred.