DescriptionAssist with the development and implementation of the Quality Matters (QM) review program and facilitating QM Applying Quality Matters workshops. Facilitate and develop programs to inform faculty on trends in pedagogy, instructional technology, and methods for effective use of technology in teaching. Research and create support materials for faculty regarding the instructional design, instructional technologies, and trends in higher education. Consult with faculty to identify and integrate the appropriate instructional design and technologies needed to employ evidence-based instructional practices to enhance the learning process. Employ principles of graphic design to communicate visually in or on advertisements, reports, websites, brochures, and other materials. Engage with faculty and staff in support of emerging institutional needs related to teaching and learning. Additional duties as assigned or approved by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, or a related field with a strong emphasis on learner-centered instruction.
- At least three years of experience designing online or blended instruction, with a preference for experience in higher education.
- Experience utilizing pedagogical best practices and instructional design theories to support face-to-face, online or blended courses.
- Training experience, with ability to provide examples of personally designed products.
- Proven leadership and project management skills, and ability to work with teams.
- Intermediate skill in using educational technologies, such as Blackboard, WebEx, and Panopto.
- Strong written and presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret client needs, commitment to customer service, and effective negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Intermediate skill in employing graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative suite.
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer certification.
- Experience as a higher education faculty member.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Organization: Academic Affairs Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2019