Application Developer, ( AFT, PSS2)
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Application Developer, ( AFT, PSS2)
Job no: 493981
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Application Developer, Full-time Permanent Position, AFT PSS2
The Application Developer position reports directly to the Director of Rowan Online in Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships. This position is responsible for special web-based initiatives and development projects for Rowan Global. This position will specifically and comprehensively support systems and software for various web systems. Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is to be expected.
Essential Position Responsibilities/Functions:
- Develop, program, and maintain Rowan Global web environments to ensure the reliable operation of web applications and services.
- Develop modules, libraries, and other web applications for use with the Drupal CMS.
- Develop Salesforce integrations with Drupal CMS including custom Drupal modules and APEX Salesforce code for triggers, classes, and other features.
- Program integration services, code-base libraries, and web applications based on the available APIs of existing enterprise systems and services.
- Have an understanding of Apache configuration and web security, bash scripting, creation and maintenance of cron jobs, and familiarity with popular authentication protocols and services.
- Work collaboratively on various projects with other designers, instructional designers, client services, other Rowan Global and University departments, and external vendors/service providers.
- Provide technical support for Rowan Global web systems; this includes the development and/or installation of bug fixes and security updates to both in-house and third-party web software.
- Maintain details and documentation for projects in a project management system to monitor the ongoing development of Rowan Global initiatives.
- Manage several Rowan Global projects simultaneously.
- Maintain project documentation and training materials.
- Support for other, various Rowan Global projects and initiatives.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 3 years position-related experience.
- Experience developing modules, themes, and/or libraries for the Drupal CMS, as well as configuration of common Drupal CMS features and extensions.
- Experience developing web-based applications that integrate and communicate with various commercial web-based systems.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Be extremely customer-service oriented.
- Be able to work independently to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
Experience with web design, CSS, SASS, and PostCSS.
- Experience working with the Canvas Learning Management System API.
- Experience providing developer/programming services in a Higher Education environment.
- Proven ability to stay current with rapidly changing technologies.
Advertised: Aug 12 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 26 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time