Ad Interim Assistant Professor-Curriculum & Instruction
Job location: Commerce TAMUC - McKinney TAMUC - Mesquite TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-12
Job TitleAd Interim Assistant Professor-Curriculum & InstructionAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCurriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
Ad Interim Assistant Professor--Qualified candidates must have a conferred doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction, Reading, Bilingual Education or related field. The position will begin in the Fall semester 2019, and will include teaching, advising and duties at Navarro College in Corsicana, main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, Collin Higher Education Center, online and potentially other sites. Candidates must demonstrate a record of (or potential for) teaching in higher education, research and publications; grant procurement, and a desire for continuous learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- advising and teaching undergraduate students;
- designing, implementing, and publishing research;
- team teaching field-based courses;
- serving as a liaison to observe and mentor students in field-based settings;
- working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments;
- working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals;
- providing professional development and mentor teacher training;
- providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- continuous learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technological applications in the classroom, and online teaching.
- Education: Earned doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction, Reading, Bilingual Education or closely related field.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: A minimum of 3 years Middle Level and/or High School public school classroom teaching experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Experience working with and advising undergraduate students in an academic setting.
- Licensing/Professional Certification: Current Texas Middle Level or Secondary Teacher Certification.
- Teaching: Experience teaching undergraduate teacher education and methods courses. Excellent presentation skills. Experience with Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others and teach collaboratively.
- Scholarship: Scholarly publication and presentation record.
Preferred Experience: University level teaching experience; experience in field-based teacher education programs, college level teaching, and online teaching experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.