Student Employee - Business Lab Student Assistant
The Business Lab Student Assistant will be responsible for staffing the Business Lab located in the B building and providing services and assistance to students as necessary to facilitate greater learning and promotion of the educational values and goals of the college.
The ideal student worker will engage his or her fellow students in conversation to determine areas of concern, offer direct assistance or guidance to educational resources within the college or the School of Business Lab. The Business Lab Student Assistant will document areas of student challenge and concern, so that we can track, analyze and make improvements where necessary.
Job functions vary based on the department that they are assigned to and the individual department needs. Department based student employment positions perform the following functions (not limited to):
- Greeting and assisting students, staff and visitors
- Answering Phones/Taking Messages
- Oral and written correspondence
- Assisting with office and or lab equipment or machines (general maintenance)
- Assisting students with WCTC portal applications & Microsoft office
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge and skill in basic Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and skill in WCTC portal applications (student email, Blackboard)
- Ability to work effectively with students, instructors, and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize and prioritize work.
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a WCTC Associate's degree or technical certificate in one of the school of Business program areas.
- One year of related work experience to include experience with the public.
- At least in your second semester of schooling at WCTC
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits in fall 2018 semester
All applicants must attach the following to the completed online application for consideration, (Applications that do not have the required attachments will not be considered):
- Cover Letter
- Copy of credentials/licensure
Each Business Lab Student Assistant will be available to work a maximum of 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible and will range between 7:30am and 7:30pm Monday through Friday. Each Business Lab Student Assistant will provide their availability to their supervisor.