Eco-Shuttle Cart Driver, Tram Services
Eco-Shuttle Cart Driver, Tram Services
Posting #: 1484
Position Status: Part-time temporary
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Tram Services, Staff
Position Title & Department:Eco-Shuttle Cart Driver, Tram ServicesPosting #
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
This is a part-time, temporary assignment with an anticipated end date of June 7, 2020.
The Eco-Shuttle Cart Driver supports the University and department mission to offer quality service and create a welcoming environment. Under supervision, this position is responsible for the operation of a 14-passenger and 12-passenger eco-shuttle with ADA lift designed to transport passengers on campus. Operates under supervision by the Tram Services and Fleet Safety Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Eco-Shuttle Cart Operations
- Drives eco-shuttles on designated routes.
- Adheres to all traffic regulations.
- Drives in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains scheduled runs.
- Displays courteous manners to all passengers.
- Checks eco-shuttle for damage and maintenance needs, such as battery level.
- Helps maintain eco-shuttle cleanliness.
- Practices non-aggressive, defensive driving techniques; anticipates and reports traffic problems to other drivers.
- Monitors eco-shuttle dashboard, reports discrepancies, and initiates correction.
- Monitors and responds to communications over radio.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable safety procedures and emergency equipment in the event of an illness, accident, or breakdown.
- Makes oneself familiar and adheres to University polices in regards to Standards of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current Class C driver’s license.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Physical strength and mobility to assist with passengers who use a wheelchair.
- Skill in driving eco-shuttle in pedestrian congested areas.
- Knowledge of various safe-driving techniques.
- Must become familiar with campus building names to help direct visitors.
- Be knowledgeable of campus layout and parking facilities.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work assigned hours and may be required to work overtime and weekends, as needed. May need to adjust shifts; work extended or late shifts.
- Job hours and/or work week may be changed when necessary to meet work commitments.
- Employee is required to properly wear a uniform issued by USD.
Tools and Equipment Used: Eco-shuttle, GPS system, Hytera 400 MHz radio, and Kronos time card.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
$13.00 per hourSpecial Application Instructions:Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 25 hours per week; Monday - Friday (Four Possible Shift Schedules: 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; 7:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.; 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.; 12:45 - 5:45 p.m.)
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: August 12, 2019 Pacific Daylight Time