Van Driver - Upward Bound II
Van Driver - Upward Bound II
Job no: 492954
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Categories: Office Support
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:Monday-Thursday 2:00 p.m. -4:00 p.m.; Monday-Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay:$13 - $14 / hour
Job Summary:Provide round-trip transportation for students between the ECC campus and local high schools.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and an Illinois School Bus Driver's permit.
3. Experience driving a school bus.
4. Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
5. Safe driving record which meets Elgin Community College's insurance requirements.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Transport students from target school to campus and from campus to student's home.
2. Transport students to college visitation and field trips.
3. Transport participants to Upward Bound activities year around.
4. Monitor student behavior and report any disciplinary behavior to management.
5. Maintain van logs, detailing mileage, gas, and student pick up and drop off, etc.
1. Maintain van (exterior and interior).
2. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
3. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative,
Operates motor vehicles or heavy equipment
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 08/19/2019 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: August 12, 2019 Central Daylight Time