Seasonal Part-Time House Manager
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Seasonal Part-Time House Manager
Job ID 3684
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Manager of Audience Services for The Theatre School, DePaul University, the House Manager is a member of the administrative staff and shall work with the Manager of Audience Services and other front-of-house staff with services which relate to the operation of the Watts Theatre and Healy Theatre for The Theatre School.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Sees to the safety and comfort of patrons, including maintenance and cleanliness of all front-of-house facilities, keeping aisles clear, exit doors unlocked, etc.
- Works with DePaul Public Safety and Chicago Police Department to insure the safety of the audience.
- Supervises the house crew, use of the infra-red listening system and other access equipment, program distribution, ticket collection, ticket audit, lost and found, etc.
- Implements Customer Service Policy and greets patrons in a warm and welcoming manner, handling questions and complaints.
- Facilitates post-show discussions in the theatre and other post-show activities.
- Works with the box office, group sales staff and stage management to assure prompt curtain times.
- Works with DePaul Public Safety officers at performances to ensure security of everyone in the theatre.
- Informs the Manager of Audience Services and Production Support Staff of maintenance needs of the theatre space; including working with the Production Support Staff with regard to temperature control.
- Tracks attendance at performances.
- Is informed about security issues and health-related emergencies; is knowledgeable about first aid and willing to take instruction in CPR and to be certified as a Fire Guard for the theatre.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Previous house management experience.
- B.A. highly preffered.
- Customer service experience and computer experience (Windows).
- This position supervises approximately 6 student employees.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- The House Manager will work as scheduled, one and 1/2 hours prior to performance, through the performance and until the theatre is cleared of audience and student staff/company.
- S/he must adapt to changing circumstances of a varied schedule and must maintain a pleasant attitude toward the work.
- S/he must be prompt, confident, and thorough, and should serve as a role model for the students in their training.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: