Towson University is accepting applications for an Instructional Designer/Technologies to develop and facilitate professional development activities for faculty. Assist faculty with development of instructional strategies, integration of instructional technologies, and creation of instructional materials using evidence-based teaching and learning techniques to support student success. Research and support adoption and diffusion of the latest technologies into the instructional process. Act as team lead and Quality Matters (QM) reviewer of online and blended courses. Provide graphic design services.
Assist with the development and implementation of the Quality Matters (QM) review program and facilitating QM Applying Quality Matters workshops. Facilitate and develop programs to inform faculty on trends in pedagogy, instructional technology, and methods for effective use of technology in teaching. Research and create support materials for faculty regarding the instructional design, instructional technologies, and trends in higher education. Consult with faculty to identify and integrate the appropriate instructional design and technologies needed to employ evidence-based instructional practices to enhance the learning process. Employ principles of graphic design to communicate visually in or on advertisements, reports, websites, brochures, and other materials. Engage with faculty and staff in support of emerging institutional needs related to teaching and learning. Additional duties as assigned or approved by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, or a related field with a strong emphasis on learner-centered instruction.
- At least three years of experience designing online or blended instruction, with a preference for experience in higher education.
- Experience utilizing pedagogical best practices and instructional design theories to support face-to-face, online or blended courses.
- Training experience, with ability to provide examples of personally designed products.
- Proven leadership and project management skills, and ability to work with teams.
- Intermediate skill in using educational technologies, such as Blackboard, WebEx, and Panopto.
- Strong written and presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret client needs, commitment to customer service, and effective negotiation and diplomacy skills.
- Intermediate skill in employing graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative suite.
- Quality Matters Peer Reviewer certification.
- Experience as a higher education faculty member.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. Cover letter and resume are requested, but not required.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected].
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.