Operations Manager/Information Technology Specialist — Academic Affairs
Operations Manager/Information Technology Specialist — Academic AffairsAugust 09, 2019Description
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Operations Manager/Information Technology Specialist in the Office of Academic Affairs. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefit package. The Operations Manager/Information Technology Specialist reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Operations Manager and Technology Specialist provides technology leadership for the EPIC Centers. Key technology platforms include Handshake (The College’s employer relations platform), Slate (the College’s admission platform), and GivePulse (the College’s community engagement portal). This individual will perform business and systems analysis work; conducting requirements analysis; converting business requirements into technical and functional specifications; and conducting analysis and documentation of existing business processes and identifying and recommending business process improvement opportunities.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in problem solving in areas such as system design, input/output requirements and procedural flow between departments and/or business systems.
- Provides technical and project support for the Slate, Handshake and Earlham Engage digital platforms.
- Provide technical assistance and training to end-users as appropriate.
- Responsible for the technical infrastructure and workflow behind EPIC as well as several associated programs (e.g. the alumni mentoring program, off-campus study and fellowships).
- Works collaboratively with the Information Technology Services unit to ensure that technology platforms and integrations adhere to College standards for data governance, information security and enterprise architecture.
- Works collaboratively with the Slate on-campus administrative team to develop, maintain and troubleshoot the system and its overall implementation for EPIC Centers.
- Works collaboratively with Career Education to manage and optimize Handshake for campus usage including database management, workflow management and communications management.
- Works collaboratively with Community Engagement to manage and optimize GivePulse for both on-campus users and off-campus partners.
- Hire, train and supervise student employees to assist with the above.
- Carry out other duties or special projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in IT and technology including areas such as database management, systems integration and process analysis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and an enthusiasm for interfacing with students and faculty in training capacities.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete short-term, long-term and recurring projects and duties and to handle multiple assignments coming from different people simultaneously.
- Excellent problem-solving and good interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to work in and across teams.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.