Manager, Enterprise Document Management Systems
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleManager, Enterprise Document Management SystemsSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with qualifications, education and experiencePosition Number00060568Work ScheduleMonday - Friday 8am - 5pm with evening and weekend work as required.Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department515001 - Enterprise Application SvcsDepartmentEnterprise Application SvcsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Enterprise Application Services (EAS) is in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) division at North Carolina State University. EAS is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, enhancement & maintenance of the University’s enterprise business applications. This includes: development, operation, maintenance & production support of all enterprise administrative systems (Enterprise Document Management, ShareBase, Identity & Access Management, Advancement, Financials, Human Resource, Non-Credit, Portal, Research Administration and Student Information Systems, etc.), configuration management, application integrations and database administration.Essential Job Duties
This position provides project management and technical, functional, strategic & managerial leadership within the EAS Enterprise Document Management (EDM) Systems Team for the following applications, solutions and modules: OnBase, ShareBase, Financial Aid Solution, Transcript Capture Solution, Advanced Capture (OCR processing), Autonomy Idol (Full Text search), Barcode Processing, ShareBase/OnBase Integration, eForms, Workflow, Document Management/Retention and Reporting Dashboards.
The following technical systems integrations are also managed,/developed/supported: Student (SIS), Finance, Advance, CVM Patient-UVIS, Engineering, Slate Admissions, Research, Purchasing Contracts systems and data loads between the Student,HR, UVIS and Financials Systems.
It also provides management/oversight for expanding EDM services to the Colleges for Student, campus depts for Human Resources and Foundations for advancement services.
It is responsible for strategic product review/selection, application development & support services for the enterprise Document Management systems and application technical support for the associated central offices (Registration & Records, Human Resources, Controller’s Office, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid, Study Abroad, Advancement Services, University Cashiers’s Office, Foundations Accounting & Investments, CVM Hospital/Business Office, Research Administration and Colleges: CNR, PCOM, CALS, PCOM, CVM, COS, etc)
This position manages a team of application analyst and developers performing: business processes analysis; change request evaluation; business requirement definition, functional and technical specification development; coding; system integration; unit, system and load test development and execution; code migration; production support; & system maintenance. This position also provides senior level technical/functional guidance and support to the team and often provides decision-making with broad and often institution-wide impacts that affect other systems, students, faculty and staff.Other Work/Responsibilities
- This position often represents OIT/EAS across campus and works/makes decisions with all levels of management including other campus managers, directors and data stewards.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in technical business analysis and design, systems implementation, or closely related area; or a Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and four years of experience in technical business analysis and design, systems implementation or closely related area; or an Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology from an appropriately accredited institution and five years of experience in technical business analysis and design, systems implementation, or closely related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Departmental Required Skills
- Strong management, judgment, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration, and organization skills.
- This position has the authority, after working with customers to direct the team of analyst & programmers in implementations & modification to the enterprise applications and approves all software migrations and technology updates.
- Responsible for change management and governance of the OnBase/ShareBase applications and system integrations.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, campus representatives, customers, vendor, IT support staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical subjects including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead team to quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems that can affect a large number of customers.
- Ability to combine strong functional, conceptual and technical knowledge with a strong understanding of customer requirements to offer customer solutions to problems in a very practical, timely and efficient manner. Customer service skills are critical.
- Ability to effectively manage/lead a highly technical team to help translate functional requirements to technical design.
- Manage all OnBase and ShareBase system upgrades for the enterprise.
- Given the highly integrated mission critical and complex transaction nature of EDM
systems, extensive project & customer management and technical /functional leadership is required.
- This position is expected to be a working manager position performing complex business process analysis and/or developing systems solutions.
- Proficiency in relevant technologies including or similar to:
- Hyland OnBase & WorkFlow, ShareBase, Records Management/Retention, Autonomy Idol, Advanced Capture OCR, Financial Aid Solution, Transcript Capture Solution, Electronic Forms, Reporting Dashboards, Scanning processes & Scanning Equipment (Hyland Technical Administrator Certification Preferred);
- Single Sign On Technologies, ISS, .Net, Java, Java Script, OnBase api, PDF POP, HTML, SQL, XML, Bar Code Technology, SFTP and EDI transmissions;
- Knowledge of relevant technical trends and industry best practices for business process improvement and document management services.
- Ability to work with various levels within customer and IT organizations (including senior management) and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage project work and support tasks concurrently.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills with an ability to resolve complex, difficult technical issues at the macro level.
- Hyland Technical Administrator Certifications for OnBase System, Workflow and API (OCSA, OCWA, OCAPI)
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with Hyland ShareBase solutions
- Experience with Hyland OnBase software solutions.
- Experience with Service Now support software system
N/ASpecial InstructionsJob Open Date03/28/2019Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/02/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience implementing & supporting OnBase & ShareBase document management suite of systems? If so, please provide details.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience implementing/supporting ECM solutions? If so, please describe products and experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References