CEnREP Program Specialist
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleUniversity Program SpecialistBand LevelJourneyWorking TitleCEnREP Program SpecialistSalary Range$31,888 - $80,223Anticipated Hiring Range$34,657 - $36,847 (Department will only hire within this range)Salary Grade Equivalency70Position Number00105288Work ScheduleMonday- Friday, various hours between 8-5 pmDoes the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)0.60 - This position is only for 24 hours/week.Department118002 - Ctr for Env & Res Econ PolicyDepartmentCtr for Env & Res Econ PolicyJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Center for Environmental and Resource Economic Policy (CEnREP) is a research center within the university that provides leadership in research, outreach, and education on environmental challenges and the economic and policy solutions to those challenges. The Center facilitates and supports interdisciplinary research of NC State faculty, communicates this research to stakeholders, and provides training programs and opportunities for graduate students and young professionals working in the field of environmental economics.Essential Job Duties
As the Program Specialist working with CEnREP, this position will be responsible for program development including identification of research opportunities in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, strategic planning, pre- or post-award grants administration, coordination and facilitation of CEnREP events, and independently managing CEnREP’s business operations and communication platforms (announcements, website, letters, and e-mail).
This position is only for 24 hours/week.Other Work/Responsibilities
This position will need to travel off-site on occasion, alone and must independently be able to travel from location to location without reliance on others or the advanced notice that is often required of alternative means of transportation.Minimum Experience/Education
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or and equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Departmental Required Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge concerning environmental issues and policies or a knowledge of economics through formal education in the economics discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with grants and budgets including pre- and post-award processes.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with website applications (specifically WordPress) and Google applications (email, calendar, and docs).
- Graduate degree in an environmental science or economics or a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or economics in addition to work experience relevant to the position.
- Applied financial/grant management (pre- and post-award) knowledge.
- Valid NC Driver’s License.
Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Contact Information for ReferencesJob Open Date06/10/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)06/14/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date06/24/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the University Program Specialist position.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience
- Master's degree or Doctorate in any field
- Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience
- Combination of post-high school education and/or experience in a related area to equal at least 5 years (ex: 1 year of college and 4 years of experience)
- High school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of related experience
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal 9 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 8 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience with Pre and Post award research grant administration?
- Yes, I have experience with both pre and post-award research administration
- Yes, I have experience with post-award administration
- Yes, I have experience with pre-award administration
- No, I do not have experience with pre or post-award research administration
- * Describe how you demonstrate and use effective verbal and written communication skills in your current or past positions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you proficient in MS Office Suite?
- * Please describe your experience using WordPress, or another content management system system, as a platform for website development.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience using Google Apps (specifically email, calendar, and docs)?
- * Do you have a valid NC Driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of your start date?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References