Ad Interim Assistant Professor - Curriculum & Instruction
Job location: Corsicana TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-09
Job TitleAd Interim Assistant Professor - Curriculum & InstructionAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCurriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCorsicana, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Ad Interim Assistant Professor--Qualified candidates must have a conferred doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction, Reading, Bilingual Education or related field. The position will begin in the Fall semester 2019, and will include teaching, advising and duties at Navarro College in Corsicana, main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, Collin Higher Education Center, online and potentially other sites. Candidates must demonstrate a record of (or potential for) teaching in higher education, research and publications; grant procurement, and a desire for continuous learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- advising and teaching undergraduate students;
- designing, implementing, and publishing research;
- team teaching field-based courses;
- serving as a liaison to observe and mentor students in field-based settings;
- working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments;
- working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals;
- providing professional development and mentor teacher training;
- providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community;
- continuous learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technological applications in the classroom, and online teaching.
- Education: Earned doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction, Reading, Bilingual Education or closely related field.Experience / Knowledge / Skills: A minimum of 3 years Middle Level and/or High School public school classroom teaching experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Experience working with and advising undergraduate students in an academic setting.
- Licensing/Professional Certification: Current Texas Middle Level or Secondary Teacher Certification.
- Teaching: Experience teaching undergraduate teacher education and methods courses. Excellent presentation skills. Experience with Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Excel. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others and teach collaboratively.
- Scholarship: Scholarly publication and presentation record.
University level teaching experience; experience in field-based teacher education programs, college level teaching, and online teaching experience.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Other duties as required.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.