PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Position DetailsPosting Detail Information Job TitlePHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTORDepartmentHealth Science and Human Perf/SmiddySchool/Parent OrganizationSchool of Health Science and Human PerformanceDivisionProvost and Educational Affairs DivisionEmployment CategoryFulltime-RegularAcademic Year2019-2020Academic SemesterSummer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020Anticipated start date10/21/2019If temporary, expected end dateFaculty StatusNon-Tenure Eligible, Notice (NTEN)Position/Job Summary
Ithaca College seeks a founding director for its graduate Physician Assistant program. The director will be responsible for establishing this new program through the preparation and submission of the Provisional Accreditation Application to the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for ARC-PA. Clinical sites are already established for this program. Institutional commitment established to hire principal faculty.
The director will also be responsible for the continued overall leadership, direction, organization and fiscal oversight of the program.
These duties include and are not limited to:
• Leading faculty recruitment, hiring, development and evaluation
• Overseeing curricular development, assessment and refinement to ensure ongoing compliance with the Accreditation Standards for Physician Assistant Education
• Overseeing program accreditation and academic and clinical policies
• Participate in the maintenance and evaluation of already established clinical training sites
• Overseeing student recruitment, selection and retention
• Managing budgets and resources
• Represent the Program, faculty and staff within the school of Health Sciences and Human Performance (HSHP) and Ithaca College
• The Director of the Program reports directly to the Dean of HSHP
This is a 12-month full time faculty appointment with academic rank. Salary, rank, and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications. Start date is negotiable.Position/Job Qualifications
• The Director must be a PA and hold current NCCPA certification OR a physician holding current licensure (or be eligible for licensure) as an allopathic or osteopathic physician in NY State and must be certified by an ABMS or AOA specialty board.
• Minimum of three years of experience in higher education
• An understanding of PA education, standards of accreditation through Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) and the role of PAs in delivering high quality health care.
• Experience developing and overseeing budgets preferred.
• Evidence of strong leadership skills
• Experience working with constituents within and outside of the academic community
• Understanding of the importance of diversity & inclusivity of students, faculty and staff
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://www.ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. References will be required as the application advances.
Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Additional inquiries about the position may be directed to John Sigg, [email protected]; (607) 274-3237. Screening of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be received by August 1, 2019.Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment descriptionCollege description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.eduFLSA StatusExemptIs this position eligible for benefits?YesIs this position covered by the SEIU?NoVacancy IDF2158Quick Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16102Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).