Robinson Career Center Specialist (PT)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Robinson Career Center Specialist (PT). The Robinson Career Center Specialist position exists to provide excellence in face-to-face customer assistance and information to students, employers, business partners, and alumni. This is accomplished by analyzing needs related to the customer and providing a referral to the appropriate specialist.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application. Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Serve as a contact for internal and external customers, providing necessary information and assistance in the areas of career services, disability services, Edison State programs, processes and procedures.
- Gather and distribute information to students, staff and faculty about the resources/services offered within the Robinson Career Center and through Career Services in general.
- Assist with completion of career assessments and career exploration.
- Assist with managing and growing of College Central, the college's electronic job board while also helping to maintain the paper-version located within student affairs.
- Make appointments for students with student services staff and for campus events e.g. Career Advisors, Disability Services.
- Assist students in completing their resume and cover letters or any other career documents.
- Recorded career search related webinars/tutorials for uploading to the Career Services site.
- Retrieve information from Ellucian Colleague as needed.
- Assist with special college career or disability events.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Customer services skills to meet the Edison State commitment and services standards.
- Excellent business professional appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal etiquette.
- Excellent communication skill sufficient to obtain additional information from prospective and current students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Clearly and effectively respond clearly to questions, and maintain a positive supportive demeanor.
- Minimum of one year experience with customer service and complex office procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of private information in order to comply with laws, rules, policies and procedures.
Required Educational Background:
Supervises Following Staff:
20 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Flexible scheduling available between the core hours of 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Friday
Evenings and weekends may be required.