Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Responsible for a number of accounting and compliance requirements within the Controller's Office, and will be a liaison between the Finance department and numerous departments around the College. Communication and collaboration skills are very important for this position, and successful performance of the work requires considerable knowledge of GAAP and the ability to exercise sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
Institutional Advancement, Academic Affairs, the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship, and the school's radio station, WERS
- Oversight of the College's accounts receivable balances, including monitoring of student, grants, pledges, and other accounts receivable.
- Assistance with monthly and annual fiscal closing including performing and reviewing account reconciliations, recording necessary journal entries, and following up with cost center managers regarding accounting adjustments
- Managing the post-award fiscal administration and financial oversight of grant and restricted gift activity. This individual performs a variety of professional level accounting work in the areas of accounting, auditing of financial transactions and budget administration. Specific tasks include examining, analyzing, maintaining and reconciling complex financial reports and preparing mandated state and federal financial reports for grants.
- Work with grant/contract/cost center managers to develop and fully manage and coordinate grant and gift budget forecasting and cost assignment
- Perform ongoing monitoring of fund statements for erroneous issues and resolution of accounting problems/errors, prepare invoices for disbursement of grant/contract funds in a timely manner, and functioning as liaison to
counterparts at grantor agencies and subcontracting institutions.
- Assist with the preparation of audit and tax return requests from the College's auditors as well as from various regulatory agencies.
- Train others within and outside of the Finance department on accounting and ERP system topics as necessary.
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of financial systems, including the implementation of Workday and integrations with the Raiser's Edge institutional advancement software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with three to five years full cycle non-profit fund accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP requirements.
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Ability to proactively meet deadlines as assigned while managing multiple concurrent responsibilities.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the whole picture in implementing systems, procedures, and plans that meet current department goals and longer-term institution goals.
- High degree of discretion and excellent judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, databases, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of restricted gift accounting and reporting GAAP requirements, specifically FASB, Statement No. 116 and No. 117.
- Experience with the Banner and/or Workday ERP systems.
Grade of Position: A16E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $61,350.00 - $64,300.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Senior-Accountant_JR000883
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers. The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands. Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society. Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza, Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone: 617-824-8999; email: [email protected]
Annual Clery Report
n accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson College commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police Department website.
Information on Emerson College staff grade range
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency