Overseas Resource Center Administrative Associate
Overseas Resource Center Administrative Associate
Job Number: 84253
Business Title: Overseas Resource Center Administrative Associate
Division/School: Vice Provost for Student Affairs Department: Bechtel International Center
Schedule: Part-time Non-Exempt (50% FTE) Monday-Friday 4 hours per day
Are you looking to grow in the field of higher education, especially in the area of scholarships and fellowships? The Overseas Resource Center (ORC) has an opening for a half-time ORC Scholarship Administrative Associate position. This role will provide administrative operational support to the Overseas Resource Center Manager and staff regarding scholarship services. Some of the scholarships for overseas research and study abroad that are administered through our office include: Rhodes, Marshall, Fulbright, DAAD and many more.
About the Overseas Resource Center at Bechtel International Center:
For over three decades, the Overseas Resource Center (ORC), part of Bechtel International Center, has served as the office on campus that advises and administers overseas scholarships. The ORC works with undergraduates and graduate students, post-docs as well as recent alumni pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
Your Responsibilities: ADMINISTRATION
- Manage complex scholarship databases and maintain record keeping systems daily (including Excel, webforms, Box, and other web-based platforms.)
- Assist with outreach and publicity of scholarships (newsletters, posters, other media channels and outlets.)
- Manage mailing lists, draft communications to students, departments, stakeholders.
- Help maintain ORC website.
- Take passport photos, handle transactions, and order photo materials as needed.
- Oversee International Student Identity Card (ISIC) production, payments and deposits, act as liaison with vendor.
- Assist in training and supervising student assistants.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Basic computer and office administration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced technical skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, office software, webforms, email applications, intermediate or above Excel skills
- Some study abroad experience or international living
- Strong writing background, academic familiarity, and some research experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Quick learner and collaborative team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and handle frequent interruptions
- Ability to use Mac computers (desktop, laptop) and Apple products (iPad, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks as well as working under pressure to meet deadlines in a face-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Sharp proof reading and editing skills
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter, attention to Diane Murk, along with your online application.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 84253
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency