Adjunct Faculty, Human Resource Management
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, Human Resource Management. The College of Business and Management at Lynn University needs adjunct faculty members who are qualified to teach courses in its undergraduate and graduate Human Resource Management programs for on-campus and/or online courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in accordance with college guidelines.
- Participate in the college's assessment program of student performance.
- Timely response to student questions and concerns.
- Timely submission of university reports and requirements, such as attendance, grades, and student progress reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates must have knowledge of electronic learning management systems such as Canvas, or be willing to learn and use in instructional delivery.
- Candidates must have an appreciation of different learning styles to incorporate into their instructional delivery.
- Candidates must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have a doctorate in Human Resource Management (or very equivalent degree program) from a College of Business at a regionally accredited university.
- Proof of being current in the field of instruction, whether through continuous education, scholarship contributions, and/or practical, high-level field experience.
- Local candidates who are able to teach both on-campus and on-line are preferred
- Related professional experience in Human Resource Management
- Professional certification in Human Resource Management from SHRM or HRCI
- Previous experience teaching Human Resource Management in a College of Business
Completed applications will be reviewed upon receipt for match to potential needs. Only completed applications will be reviewed, which must include a short cover letter, resume or CV with detailed academic credentials, copies of all college transcripts, and three letters of reference.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.