Assistant or Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
Assistant or Associate Professor, Medicinal Chemistry
Full time, non-exempt, 1.0 FTE
Position open until filled and applications reviewed upon receipt
PhD and post-doctoral training in Medicinal Chemistry
Rank & Salary:
Commensurate upon experience
Overview of Master of Pharmaceutical Program:
Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MPS) is a newly established-research-oriented program at California Northstate University (CNU). MPS program is aimed to provide the students with fundamental knowledge in the pharmaceutical field. Graduates of the MPS program will obtain the laboratory and research skills needed to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry field, regulatory affairs, academia, and other clinical research areas. MPS is a part of the California Northstate University, which also includes College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Health Sciences, and College of Psychology. Our campus is in the beautiful community of Elk Grove just south of Sacramento, the state capitol of California. The City of Elk Grove is known for an award-winning school district, a variety of outstanding restaurants, a historical district, first-rate parks, and much more. The city’s location provides easy access to major freeways, airport, rail lines, and ports. Elk Grove is also in a convenient location, within driving distances, to large cities including San Francisco, San Jose, and Lake Tahoe, and to national parks such as Yosemite, Redwood, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, etc.
Specific responsibilities for faculty in pharmacology include, but not limited to:
• Teach graduate students in areas of medicinal chemistry, physical pharmacy pharmacognosy, and/or topics related to pharmaceutical sciences as expertise.
• Develop and improve the courses as expertise;
• Initiate and actively participate in Research and scholarly activities in drug discovery and translational research are strongly encouraged aligned with MPS program and research focuses;
• Maintain publications and other scholarly activities;
• Serve committees of MPS and university as assigned;
• Assist the MPS with accreditation and regulatory processes;
• Assist the MPS with strategic plans and assessment;
• Advise graduate students as expertise;
• Supervise faculty as requested;
• Act as a professional model to students;
• Act as an effective representative of MPS program to the university and professional organizations.
The terms and conditions in this job description are considered all inclusive, and supersede all prior oral and written proposals, communications and agreements.
A PhD and post-doctoral training in Medicinal Chemistry.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. CNUMPS offers a competitive salary, a good benefits package, and a professional work environment. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or protected veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the instructions below. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and only completed applications will be reviewed.
For full consideration, candidates must provide the following items in one document:
- Curriculum vitae/resume with at least three references.
- A cover letter articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University’s vision and mission statements.
- Transcripts showing date of degree conferral; Unofficial transcripts are okay
*Please email all documents to the HR Department with the subject:
“Assistant/Associate Professor, MPS”
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
California Northstate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
*Due to the high volume of applications, once applied, please refrain from telephone calls, visits, faxes or emails directly. Should you meet the minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview, you will be contacted at that time. We appreciate your interest of employment with California Northstate University!
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Assistant or Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly