Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Aug 7, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Division of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences invites qualified candidates to apply for a adjunct faculty position in Art starting in Fall 2019. The successful applicant will have a strong record of achievement as an artist. Candidates should have experience teaching a subset of the following courses: Drawing, Painting, and, Art Appreciation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Participate in department, division, and college-wide committees;
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
- Collaborate in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress; and
- Maintain attendance and grading records and submit them according to published deadlines.
A Master's degree in Art, a Master of Fine Arts in an art discipline or a related degree is required. Candidates should have experience teaching in a multicultural environment and teaching related coursework at the college level.
- Experience teaching beginning and advanced art courses;
- Experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds, ages and abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Willingness to examine instructional, relational, and classroom practices to effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Teaching experience at the community college and knowledge of its mission and goals.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To ensure full consideration, send your resume, a letter of interest, and three references.