STUDENT EMPLOYEE - Special Event Manager Trainee
Posting DetailsPosting Detail Information Job #SE1000434RRJob TitleSTUDENT EMPLOYEE - Special Event Manager TraineeWorking TitleJob CategoryOn Campus - Both work study and non work study eligibleDepartmentConference and Events ServicesDepartment LocationEgbert HallFLSANon-ExemptStudent LevelMaintenance & Event Operations AHourly Rate$11.10Hours per week20Anticipated Work ScheduleDuties and Responsibilities
• Special Event Manager Trainee will spend one semester (or more if necessary), training to fulfill the responsibilities of
a Special Event Manager. By working side-by-side with Special Event Managers, the Trainee is expected to possess
the following skills prior to advancing to the independent position of the Special Event
• Oversee and manage events planned by the Campus Center and Event Services office staff.
• Assist service providing departments/individuals in the provision of services as requested in the event summary.
• Ensure the delivery of services requested for an event, including but not limited to set-up, audio-visual service,
catering, parking, security, etc.
• Be prepared to assist in providing set-up, audio-visual and other event related equipment or services as is necessary.
• Resolve any on-site logistical issues regarding services as outlined in the event summary.
• Assist clients prior to and during events – making sure that their event needs are met.
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for all people attending an event.
• Educate others and enforce college policies that may be related to the event and/or use of the facilities.
• Document and evaluate each event for information as well as planning purposes for the full time staff.
• Understand how to use 25Live scheduling system for advanced search functions to access meeting and event
location and time information.
• Attend weekly meetings, as well as training several times each semester and in the fall and spring, prior to the start
• Ability to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Must be able to do all of the above independently with little to no direct supervision.
• Must possess outstanding problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
• Must be flexible and collaborative and willing to work with a variety of clients (faculty, students and staff) and
accommodate their event related requests.
Instructions to apply:
Please e-mail Rachel Ash ([email protected]) to receive an application.Job Posting Date08/07/2019Application Deadline/Close Date11/30/2019Open Until FilledNoAnticipated Start Date09/02/2019Academic Year2019-2020Number of VacanciesMultipleContact PersonRachel AshContact [email protected] Linkhttp://ithaca.peopleadmin.com/postings/16450Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).