Finance and Procurement Professional
University Information Services (UIS) providestechnical services and enterprise applications to the University of Coloradocampuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence incustomer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterpriseapplications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used bystudents, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Finance and Procurement Professional reports to the Assistant Director of Business and Technology Services. The individual in this position demonstrates independent and effective decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to manage a variety of complex, multiple and concurrent projects or tasks, meets deadlines, works well under pressure and requires only general supervision. This position interacts with a wide range of university constituents. The individual in this position must present themselves professionally in both appearance and demeanor and adhere to the highest level of confidentiality at all times. This role must communicate effectively, orally and in writing, establishes and maintains positive working relationships, possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes CU Marketplace for purchasing and research purposes to include PO creation and maintenance and invoice processing
- Provide fiscal support to UIS which includes purchasing, accounting and overall financial management
- Expense reimbursements for UIS employees by using Concur Travel & Expense System
- Create presentations utilizing PowerPoint and Visio tools based on budget and finance initiatives for leadership team
- Proofread/Create documents for clarity and consistency of information, format documents, ensure documents are grammatically correct and contain no spelling errors
- Provide procurement guidance and support through the procurement lifecycle to UIS staff by advising the best procurement path and coordinating the purchase from requisition request through to the invoice payment
- Works with the Assistant Director to prepare and monitor budgets based on long-term department objectives
- Responsible for tracking licensing and contract renewals
- Ensures all financial transactions are recorded accurately, timely and makes correcting entries when needed.
- Makes recommendations and implements process improvement based on research and/or industry best practices as it relates to the finance and procurement processes
- Reconciles transactions and balances using various reports to check accuracy
- Generates financial reports and tracks consultant progress on projects
- Manage special projects/ tasks as assigned
- Customer service oriented with ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability to research discrepancies and problem solve to fix
- Ability to execute initiatives with little day-to-day oversight
- Ability to manage expenses within a budget and exercise a thorough understanding of accounting principles
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses theOffice of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver withan office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses.However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departmentssupport the educational and research missions of the four University ofColorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professionaldevelopment, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff andfaculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting andsupporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The universitystrives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication andunderstanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, personswith disabilities and all veterans.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more perks and programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business related field (education requirement may be substituted with relevant experience on a year for year basis)
- One (1) years’ experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- One (1) year of experience handling budgets/fiscal procedures, procurement, and related office administration. Related course/classwork may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of previous experience in a customer service role
- General understanding of the University of Colorado, including its organizational structure
- Familiarity with University of Colorado systems and procedures including Concur, Marketplace, Finance or similar databases
- Experience at an institution of Higher Education
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing