Instructional Design Specialist
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusCollege of NursingInstructional Design SpecialistPosition #606911 – Requisition #16942
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Instructional Design Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU AnschutzQuick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Position Emphasis:The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time Instructional Design Specialist/Academic Services Professional. This full- time, University Staff (unclassified) position, is responsible for the design, development, and evaluation of courses and instructional materials in a variety of learning contexts. As part of the Office of Academic Programs, Instructional Design Team, this position will collaborate with College of Nursing faculty on the design and development of learner-centered hybrid/blended and online courses, the use of an assessment strategies to evaluate student learning, and the use of instructional technology to promote best practices in teaching and learning. The position will be expected to identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends in the delivery of instruction and make recommendations for implementation as appropriate as well as support assigned projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Instructional Design Manager.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Create and/or recommend e-learning instructional materials including interactive media elements.
- Collaborate with faculty on all aspects of the instructional design process.
- Assist faculty in evaluating the effectiveness of instructional strategies to support associated learning outcome(s).
- Develop and conduct regular trainings and workshops for faculty on the use and application of innovative design and evaluation practices related to instructional technologies.
- Assess level of instructional technology support needed by faculty members and provide appropriate guidance and resources as needed
- Manage assigned instructional design projects, documenting progress as needed.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number onyour paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plansand retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Please click herefor information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus iscommitted to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty andadministrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture ofinclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourageapplications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and allveterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality ineducation and employment.
The University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus isdedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective employees.
QualificationsMinimumQualifications: Abachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, learning technologies,business, public administration, educational technology, liberal arts,communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and oneyear of experience in instructional design, course development, and evaluation. Substitutions:
- Acombination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience maybe substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Amaster’s degree in in education, instructional design, learning technologies,business, public administration, educational technology, liberal arts,communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution maysubstitute for an unrelated bachelor’s degree.
- Master’sdegree from an accredited college or university in education, educationaltechnology, instructional design/development, learning technologies, or arelated field.
- Experienceusing a learning management system (LMS) such as Canvas, Blackboard, etc.
- Experienceworking in an academic setting, nursing education, and/or higher educationsetting.
- Experienceusing a wide range of instructional technologies and supporting others in theireffective use.
- Communicateeffectively in written communication, visual presentations and orally.
- Establishand maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levelsthroughout the institution.
- Commitmentto working with diverse constituents and advancing diversity and inclusion.
- Abilityto manage instructional design projects and meet associated deadlines.
- Utilizetheoretical frameworks such as instructional design theory and universal designtheory.
- Commitmentto staying current in new technologies, pedagogies, and models for learning anddesign.
- Abilityto analyze educational technology for quality and appropriate use.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Aug 6, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing