Student Affairs Help Desk Professional
- Provide an expert level of support for Windows OS and VMWare VDI workstations deployed across Student Affairs.
- Ensure the settings and functionality of all installations and configurations are correct following industry best practices.
- Deploy software according to system requirements, manages drive mappings, monitors data security, system functionality, and configuration settings determined by organizational policies and processes for the department and by system staff engineers and administrators.
- Provide excellent customer service in the delivery of technological services and tracks such service using tools such as JIRA Service Desk, Confluence and Bomgar.
- Complies with system and database change management processes at all times.
- Provide routine repairs and maintenance on IT-related hardware including, but not limited to, workstations, printers, monitors, card readers, laptops, ipads and cell phones.
- Track and manage assets utilizing SCCM and Jamf.
- Work with main campus OIT to coordinate installation, configuration and repair of network jacks for all Student Affairs buildings.
- Submit work orders for repair of physical phones and resetting voice mail for users as requested.
- Process moves, adds and changes for Cisco VoIP phone extensions.
- Actively participate in meetings and trainings and updates documentation.
- Work independently with campus entities in meetings and participates in collaboration efforts.
- Meet with Student Affairs IT coworkers to keep current with changing system setups, configurations, customer service issues, troubleshooting analysis techniques, and resolutions.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an information technology-related or business field
- Substitution: Experience in an information technology-related field may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience supporting IT users in a large corporate environment, over 250 users.
- Two years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows OS and applications.
- Candidate must possess a current, valid state of Colorado driver’s license.
What You Will Need
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to identify solutions and improve business processes.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to provide root cause analysis for customer problems.
- One year of experience with supporting VMware VDI, virtual desktops.
- Experience using Bomgar or other enterprise level remote access support tools.
- Experience managing Group Policy, security settings and account administration via Active Directory.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials: 1. A current resume. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position (optional).You will not be asked to upload references at this time. Please apply by August 22 2019, for consideration. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.