Part-time Educational Aide, Athletics (Intramurals Official)
Job Status:Re-Open Title:Part-time Educational Aide, Athletics (Intramurals Official) Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Athletics Pay Grade:N/A Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $8.50 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 25 hours per week.Description:
The Athletics department is seeking a student to assist in the operation of the intramural sports program with sports offered including, but not limited to, basketball, flag football, soccer, weightlifting, volleyball tennis and golf. Officials are hired for specific sports and can be hired to work multiple sports. Intramural athletics serves Santa Fe College students, faculty and staff.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Officiate games and intramural sport offerings
- Check-in of intramural participants
- Develop professional relationships with co-workers, participants and guests
- Respond to all emergency situations and adhere to established protocol including pre- and post- incident procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Director, AthleticsQualifications:
Required: The Educational Aide must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College Student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours. Must be available late afternoons and early evenings, Monday through Thursday. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Previous sports officiating experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Detail Oriented - Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application and submit current class schedule through the job portal to be considered for this position. All submitted materials will be routed and review by the following Job Contact:
Richanna Lindo, Associate Director, Athletics