Head Sports Performance Coach
Head Sports Performance CoachJob no: 502269
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Aug 08 2019
General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Performance, the Head Sports Performance Coach is responsible for assisting with the overall management, success, and performance of the strength and conditioning program for all student-athletes while overseeing one of the performance facilities as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supervising, planning, and implementing sport-specific strength and conditioning programs for all designated sports teams on a year-round basis. This shall include developing, monitoring and evaluating speed, agility, strength and conditioning regimes, and ensuring fundamental instruction is provided. Provide assistance with the supervision and training of part-time strength & conditioning coaches and students (interns, volunteers and work-study).
2. Serving as head performance coach for one primary sport which includes attendance and assistance at all games.
3. Working closely with designated head coaches, or their designee, to plan, organize and facilitate strength & conditioning needs of each team, including scheduling use of weight room facilities.
4. Collaborating effectively with Athletic Health Care staff to ensure student-athletes’ needs are appropriately managed.
5. Assisting with budget for assigned performance facility. Maintaining proper strength & conditioning equipment and making purchase of new equipment for assigned facility.
6. Ensuring proper use and maintenance of equipment and enforcing safety procedures.
7. Communicating effectively with students, coaches, staff, and alumni.
8. Adhering to University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
9. Maintaining current certification as required by governing bodies sanctioned by NCAA.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Occasional nights and weekends
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years previous experience as a strength and conditioning coach
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience at Division I collegiate level preferred.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC)
- CPR certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and background check, and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.