Part-Time Skills Instructor, Medical Radiologic Technician
Job Title: Part-Time Skills Instructor, Medical Radiologic Technician
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 31191
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Part-time Radiologic Skills Instructor is primary responsible for working with Faculty/Instructors to provide students with hands-on experience in a controlled laboratory environment. Assists Faculty/Instructors in providing learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course objectives. If necessary, may assist faculty in teaching lab course material within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Skills Instructors are hired on an as-needed basis, and may not work more than 19.5 hours per week, schedule may include days or evenings with occasional weekends as assigned, depending on the needs of the department
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists faculty with lab protocol
- Provides students with hands-on scanning assistance
- Completes course paperwork designated by the program
- Acts as a liaison between the faculty, student and Radiology Director
- Provides routine reports on student success
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matterAbility to mentor students in the lab settingAbility and commitment to work collaborativelyExcellent interpersonal, communication and computer skillsCommitment to quality service to students
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work involves regular exposure to hazardous items such as radiation, chemical, toxic or caustic materials, contamination, and electrical hazards; employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear, such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields
- Work Schedule varies and includes evenings and some Saturdays
- Associate’s degree in Radiologic Technology and at least 1 year non-teaching in the professional discipline
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Licensure by the Texas Medical Board and Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification Program
Hourly Pay Rate is $24.38.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.