Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitlePolice ChiefClassification TitleDepartmentPolice DepartmentWork LocationALL SITESDuties
The Chief of the Moraine Valley Police Department reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services and is responsible for matters of police policy, operations and discipline. The Chief is responsible for the planning, correcting, coordinating, controlling and staffing of all activities of the department for its continued and efficient operation; for the enforcement of rules and regulations with the staff, students and visitors of Moraine Valley, the college community and other agencies; and for the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department.
The Chief is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
Master’s Degree MA/ MS from an accredited college or university; with a minimum of ten years of demonstrated progressive law enforcement supervisory experience required. College or university law enforcement experience preferred.
State of Illinois Law Enforcement Certification required. Command or advanced supervisory training from Northwestern University School of Staff and Command, Southern Police Institute, Police Executive Institute, FBI or similar executive long course.
Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and proper police procedures including but not limited to knowledge of Illinois criminal code, vehicle code, criminal procedure, and college ordinances, patrol techniques, criteria for search and seizure of property or evidence and departmental policies and ordersPosition StatusFull TimeHours
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
plus on call 24 hours per day
Please apply online.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- * Do you have the minimum of a Master’s Degree MA/ MS from an accredited college or university?
- * Do you have the minimum of ten years demonstrated progressive law enforcement supervisory experience?
- * Do you have College or University Law Enforcement experience?
- * Do you have the State of Illinois Law Enforcement Certification?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document