Team Liaison, Custodial (Bread Loaf Campus)
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited AccessNoLimited Access Period Ending DateTitleTeam Liaison, Custodial (Bread Loaf Campus)Posting NumberS01324Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-timeTypical Hours Per Week40Regular, Temporary or TermRegularIf temporary or term, enter anticipated end dateBenefits Eligible?YesHourly/SalariedHourlyBand/LevelOP3Hiring Minimum$15.22DepartmentFacilities Services-Bread LoafLocationBread Loaf CampusHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background Check, Post-offer Pre-employment Physical Exam Position Summary Position Summary
Coordinates the work within the team to clean and maintain buildings under the direction of the Bread Loaf Campus Manager (summer) and the Custodial Supervisor (winter) while performing core Custodial work tasks.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.
Inspects fire extinguishers and oversees the monthly inspection of fire extinguishers.
• Supports supervisor in ongoing technical and safety training.
• Responsible for equipment and supply requisition.
• Responsible for identifying damage and missing items from assigned areas and reports such to supervisor.
• Facilitates the daily work in coordination with the supervisor and provides status updates.
• Reports all safety hazards and works in conjunction with supervisor to provide a safe work environment.
• Monitors Events Reports to oversee completion of set ups for events.
• Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
• Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental practices and procedures.
• Acts as a liaison between building occupants and supervisor.
• Maintains established schedules and standards.
Cleans areas after guests and students leave in preparation for next function: strips beds, dusts furniture, washes dishes, empties trash, mops floors, stores lined, sweeps, scrubs woodwork and mopboards, shampoos rugs, washes windows, washes blankets and spreads.
• Opens buildings in spring, closes in fall.
• Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and kitchens; restocks supplies.
• Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops floors, and spot-washes walls. Dusts or vacuums furniture.
• Arranges classroom furniture, cleans chalkboards & whiteboards, restocks chalk,
markers and erasers.
• Cleans entrances and elevators. Sweeps outside steps and polices the outside perimeter of the building.
• Collects and removes all trash.
• Arranges furniture in social spaces/lounges.
• Prepares daily work order log.
• Interacts appropriately with the customer.
• Identifies damage and missing items from assigned areas and reports such to their supervisor.
• Supports the College’s Recycling program.
• Operates and maintains equipment such as auto scrubbers, sweepers and shampooers.
• Washes windows.
• Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using proper procedures.
• May provide input for performance reviews.
• Sets up and removes furniture and equipment for special events.
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment. Ability to communicate both written and orally.
• Able to follow written and oral instructions. Able to follow a schedule.
• Able to establish and maintain working relations with supervisors, fellow workers, students, faculty and the rest of the College staff.
• May be required to work independently. Must be able to work overtime or on weekends as required.
Attention to detail, high standards for neatness necessary. Driver’s license and own vehicle to work throughout Bread Loaf Campus. Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products and equipment. Ability to communicate both written and orally.
Must be able to establish and maintain working relations with supervisors, fellow workers, students and the rest of the College staff. Must be able to follow a schedule. Must be able to work independently. Must be willing to work overtime and able to work regularly on weekends. May be required to work independently.
Custodial and proven organizational experience preferred.Physical Demands
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position. (Category D screen)Posting Information Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter RequirementsSupplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have custodial or other cleaning experience?
- Please include the names, email addresses, and phone numbers for three references.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your leadership experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Middlebury web site
- Email Job Alert
- Employee Referral
- Newspaper advertisement
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V