Multicultural Student Affairs Student Peer Advisor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberST140170Position TitleMulticultural Student Affairs Student Peer AdvisorDepartmentMulticultural Student AffairsDivisionStudent DevelopmentSalary Range - Minimum8.50Full Time / Part Time? Part TimeHours per week15Temporary? NoNumber of DaysN/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date08/06/2019Closing Date09/27/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
POSITION TITLE: Student Peer Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Multicultural Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Department Secretary
Days and times needed: Monday – Friday 11:00am – 2:00pm
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receive and direct students and visitors, respond to incoming telephone calls and take and relay messages.
2. Assist in preparation of reports, training manuals, and other data.
3. Maintain and organize office files.
4. Maintain and update office database.
5. Maintain and update office bulletin boards.
6. Create flyers, and make copies of brochures, and promotional materials for the office.
7. Make copies as assigned.
8. Maintain, organize, and update the mentoring program materials.
9. Assist in the preparation of office events and programs.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 2.5 GPA or higher, not on academic probation, and in good standing at JJC.
2. Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits hours at JJC per semester
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
5. Excellent organizational skills and ability to exercise initiative when necessary and appropriate.
6. Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
1. Bilingual in Spanish required.
2. Experience working in a multicultural environment.
3. Candidates must be dependable, responsible and have the ability to work independently on projects.
4. Familiar with current technology.
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website :
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you currently a student at Joliet Junior College and enrolled in at least 6 credit hours?
- Do you have at least a 2.0 grade point average at Joliet Junior College?If you are brand new to Joliet Junior College, and do not yet have a grade point average, use the GPA from your previous institution.
- Cover Letter