Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number STA002468Classification TitleAssistant ManagerWorking TitleLocationArmstrong Campus - SavannahDepartment3902320601 - Armstrong - GalleyPosition StatusFull-TimePosition Summary
Armstrong-Galley. The Assistant Manager supports daily operations of the dining facility for Georgia Southern University’s Armstrong campus.
•Hires, trains, supervises and schedules staff.
•Monitors processes and procedures to ensure smooth operations, and quality control.
•Maintains sanitation and safety standards and aid in inventory control procedures.
•Ensures compliance with all federal, state, University and BOR policies and procedures.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.Minimum Education Required
Associate’s Degree or two years of post-secondary educationCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience Required
Three or more years of related work experienceCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employmentPreferred EducationPreferred Experience
Three or more years in the food and beverage industrySalary Range$36,500Job Open Date08/06/2019Job Closing Date08/27/2019Special Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/61399Required Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or two or more years of post-secondary education?
- * Do you have three or more years of related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use PC computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
- * Do you understand this position is located at the Georgia Southern University - Armstrong Campus?