Temporary - Office/Clerical
Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number TEMP000874Classification TitleTemporary - Office/ClericalPosition TitleAthletic - Marketing InternDepartment3902712401-Program SupportLocationPosition Summary
Athletics. The Athletic Marketing Post-Graduate Internship provides an opportunity for an individual to gain marketing experience at an NCAA Division I, FBS school by supporting the Assistant Athletic Director of Promotions and Fan Experience in day-to-day operations and related duties.
•Lead efforts for marketing plans for assigned Olympic sports that maximize revenue, increase attendance and enhance the fan experience.
•Plan, lead, and execute game day presentation for assigned sports
•Provide support in the planning, coordination, and execution of marketing and promotions plans for Football, Women’s Basketball, Men’s Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and other fan-related events
•Willingness to operate videoboard, music, public address, mascot duties, etc. when necessary
•Identify new and innovative concepts that will engage new and existing fans and students, resulting in an excellent fan experience
•Work and contribute within a team environment
•Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s DegreeCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience Required
One or more years of work-related experienceCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employmentPreferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$9.00 per hour temporary; non-benefitsJob Open Date08/08/2019Job Closing Date08/23/2019Position StatusFull-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/61293Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have one or more years of work related experience?
- * Do you have the ability to use computers and effectively utilize Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing and spreadsheets?
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Have you ever been employed at Georgia Southern University?
- * If you answered "yes" to the previous questions, please list dates of employment
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter