Temporary - Maintenance
Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number TEMP000873Classification TitleTemporary - MaintenancePosition TitleDining Commons - Food Service Associate ApprenticeDepartment3902310101-Dining CommonsLocationPosition Summary
Dining Commons. The Food Service Associate Apprentice responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing fresh food items, cashiering, and stocking.
• Performs customer service functions.
• Operates a cash register which includes completing cash and credit transactions.
• Utilizes various kitchen equipment to prepare food.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen, workspace and dining room, which includes emptying trash cans, filling condiment dispensers, mopping and vacuuming.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
Temporary employees are employed according to departmental need and the length of time will vary by workload and may not exceed 1300 hours worked in a 12-consecutive month period.
10 Positions: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Sunday – Saturday)
10 Positions: 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (Sunday – Saturday)
10 Positions: 1:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Sunday – Saturday)
High School Diploma or equivalentCould a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience Required
NoneCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employmentPreferred ExperiencePreferred EducationPreferred ExperienceSalary Range$8.00 - $9.00 per hour temporary: non-benefitsJob Open Date08/07/2019Job Closing Date08/31/2019Position StatusPart-TimeSpecial Instructions SummaryQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/61346Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a temporary position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent ?
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Have you ever been employed at Georgia Southern University?
- * If you answered "yes" to the previous questions, please list dates of employment
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States?
- Cover Letter
- Other Document