Position DetailsPosition Details Requisition Number STU004376Classification TitleStudent AssistantWorking TitlePhysics - Teaching Assistant (Fall 2019)Department3900151421-Course Fee-PhysicsLocationArmstrong Campus - SavannahPosition Summary
Assists instructor in the Studio Physics classroom with student questions; provides grading and WebCT grade posting and maintains laboratory facilities and equipment.
Shift Specifics – 6 hours per week.
Student employees cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period.
Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.Minimum Education Required
Successful completion of PHYS 2211 & 2212 (Principles of Physics I & II) or equivalent courses with a grade of “B” or better; must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University.Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?NoMinimum Experience Required
NoneCould a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?NoKnowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of the background investigation process prior to employment.Preferred ExperiencePreferred Education
Pursuing a degree in Physics or a related field.Salary Range$10.00 per hourJob Open Date08/06/2019Job Close Date08/31/2019Position StatusPart-TimeSpecial Instructions for Applicants
Please include your Schedule of Availability (days/times you are available to work) for the Fall 2019 semester as your “Other Document.”Quicklink for Postinghttp://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60189Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Other Document
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand this position is located at the Georgia Southern University - Armstrong Campus?
- * Are you currently enrolled in six undergraduate credit hours or three graduate-level credit hours for the fall semester at Georgia Southern University (Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville)?
- * Do you understand that you are applying for a student position, and you cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period?
- * Do you understand that Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community?
- * Have you completed PHYS 2211 and PHYS 2212 with a grade of "B" or better?