Chick fil a Supervisor PM
Posting DetailsJob Posting Information Vacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleFood Services SupervisorBand LevelContributingWorking TitleChick fil a Supervisor PMSalary Range$31,200 - $60,557 Anticipated Hiring Range$23,400 - $26,000 (9 month position)Salary Grade Equivalency57Position Number00046138Work ScheduleSunday 9am-4pm Monday-Thursday 3p-11pm, subject to change as needed to meet business needs. Overtime may be required to meet business needs.Does the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).YesFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department471501 - Dining and Catering OperationsDepartmentDining and Catering OperationsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s Division for Retail and Hospitality Services — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on centennial campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.Essential Job Duties
Grow your culinary career with NC State Dining. Work with dedicated and experienced dining professionals who are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as shift supervisor for the Chick-Fil-A that is located on the NC State Campus at the Atrium Food Court. This position is responsible for the daily operations of this food service unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervise the nightly operations of Chick-Fil-A. Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the location.
• Ensure that unit staff follows recipes and procedures for the production of the hot and cold food items.
• Assist in the ordering of food and non-food products from vendors.
• Complete regular inventories of food and non-food items.
• Use C-bord food system to review reports as needed.
• Interview and hire temporary and student employees to meet the needs of the unit.
• Ensure quick and friendly customer service by all employees.
• Follow and ensure that employees follow all departmental, university, and state procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a sanitation rating A.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education
High School diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
• Must be proficient in the use of computers and have the ability to learn new software programs.
• Ability to maintain Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds frequently and 60 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
1 year experience in a supervisory role at a high volume, quick service or fast casual restaurant.Required License or Certification
Serv Safe Certificate or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.Special Instructions
This is a recurring nine month position.
Previous applicants do NOT need to reapply.Job Open Date05/29/2019Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)08/09/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date08/26/2019Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Food Services Supervisor position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field and one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen
- Combination of post high school education and one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of HS education and one year of experience in food preparation or service activities in a commercial kitchen (ex. 3 years of HS and 2 years exp.)
- None of the above
- * Describe the experience you have in fast food or casual dining?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have computer skills utilizing Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel) and ability to learn and use other software programs as required?
- * Do you have a ServSafe certificate or a similar certification or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of start date?
- Cover Letter