Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs
Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs
ASSIGNMENT CONTINUES UNTIL PRESIDENT IS HIREDESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To assume responsibility for the administration and maintenance of all College instructional programs and services.To direct the evaluation of all instructors and staff personnel within this area and make recommendations concerning their retention and advancement.To direct the recruitment of all staff personnel within these areas and recommend their appointment to the President.To be responsible for assembling and printing the College catalog.To initiate public relations activities for all instructional programs.To be responsible for promoting activities directed toward the continuing improvement of all instructional programs at the College.To develop programs to orient new personnel and plan in-service activities for all staff in the instructional division.To be responsible for staff development of all personnel within the instructional division.To supervise, approve, and direct the development of the schedules of course offerings.To assign or approve the assignment of instructors to classes, committees, and other duties.To be responsible for community needs assessments and program need surveys.To be responsible for assisting the President with the development of all new College programs and program changes and expansions as directed.To be responsible for the articulation of all appropriate curricula and courses with other educational institutions.To be responsible for the evaluation of all College instructional programs.To be responsible for developing and implementing academic assessment outcomes measures for the instructional division, and to utilize results from those measures in the planning process.To be responsible for the development and implementation of instructional technology, including online, interactive video, and telecourses.To assume responsibility for the administration of grants as assigned by the President.To organize and direct the work and action of the various program advisory committees, assuming that there are active advisory committees for all programs and that these committees meet at least twice per year and also receive regular communication from the College.To assist in the planning and development of instructional facilities.To be responsible for preparing and recommending the annual budget for instructional programs and services.To approve budget expenditures for the instructional division in accordance with College policy.In the absence of the President, assume responsibility for the operation and supervision of the College in coordination with the other College administrators.To participate in local, state, and regional organizations devoted to the improvement of instructional programs.To prepare a comprehensive, annual report to the President on matters related to the status and effectiveness of the instructional programs of the College.To assist the President in the preparation and dissemination of information to the Board of Trustees as requested.To be responsible for employment recommendations to the President and Board for all positions in the Instructional Services division and in accordance with College employment policies and affirmative action procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESFull- and part-time faculty and staff reporting to the Vice-President of Instructional Services. EDUCATIONAL SKILLSRequired:
- Master’s in Higher Education.3-years of successful administrative experience.
- Ph.D., Ed.D., or J.D. in Higher Education.Successful upper-level administrative experience in a community college setting. Higher Education accreditation experience.Previous successful teaching experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone. No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, ,applicants will be informed of the decision by letter. All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to Shawnee Community College directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certification (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resources Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin, IL 62992