Student Worker - Resident Assistant
Posting DetailsClassification Information Job TypeCollege Employment (CE)Min SalaryMid SalaryMax Salary Fund Information (Required) Fund1003Org030800Account400012Program60 Position Information Position TitleStudent Worker - Resident AssistantCampusOtherIf other, please specify
Student Housing located at 28 E. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60604Hours per week20Start DateEnd DatePosition Summary
A Resident Assistant (RA) serves as a facilitator of community development, educator, administrator, role model, and team member for the residents of National Louis University Student Housing. The RA works collaboratively to create and maintain a safe, inclusive, and flourishing community of care for the academic and personal and growth of the students within an assigned living unit. In carrying out duties, the RA is expected to treat other students, supervisors, and fellow employees with integrity, courtesy, and respect.Required Qualifications
• Must be a student at Kendall College at National Louis University (full time student carrying at least 12 hours and maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0).
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Must have lived in a student housing environment for at least 1 quarter.
• Word processing, Excel, Email, Web browsing.
• Ability to work weekend and holiday hours.
• Ability to solve practical problems day to day both in the office and throughout the community.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents, on campus groups, and/or staff.
• Provide superior customer service to residents and potential residents.
• Mediate/resolve resident or roommate conflicts as necessary.
• Be available for and capable of assisting residents with concerns related to their living experience.
• Understand needs and expectations of residents and exceed them.
• Be knowledgeable about property, campus and community resources and function as a source of information, making referrals as necessary.
• Attend and participate in quarterly pre-move-in Residence Life training.
• Build strong relationships with residents by learning names and interacting on a frequent basis.
• Participate in/complete monthly programming requirements as outlined by the Office of Residence Life
• Serve as the On-Duty RA as noted on the RA Staff Schedule.
• Respond to resident behavior which violates the contract or disrupts the community.
• Identify and report safety/security risks, and implement and conduct emergency procedures when necessary.
• Maintain a positive community environment for both residents and employees.
• Conduct new student tours per standards operating procedures set by the Office of Residence Life.
• Participate in marketing events and promotions as outlined by the Office of Residence Life, including but not limited to attending on/off campus events, distributing flyers and building partnership marketing relationships with local businesses.
• Build resident and prospect engagement though active use of the Residence Life social media outlets.
• Attend all staff meetings and department trainings as required by the Office of Residence Life.
• Assist in turning process of units, including but not limited to inspecting units, assessing charges and preparing vacant units for move-in.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Are you currently enrolled (or soon to be enrolled) student at National Louis University and/or Kendall College?
- * What is your Student ID Number?
(Open Ended Question)