Part-time Faculty English and Reading Instructors
Job location: Germantown Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-08
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty English and Reading InstructorsJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Department of English and Reading is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching English and Reading at our Germantown campus. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Part-time faculty members teach integrated developmental English and Reading, freshman level-composition, or freshman level-research courses.
• Attend part-time faculty meetings professional development opportunities as able.
• Complete administrative tasks related to teaching, including submission of portfolios, grades, syllabi, sample assignments, and student evaluations in a timely manner.
• Master’s Degree or higher in English or closely related field is required.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy and mission.
• Willingness and flexibility to teach day, evening and weekend sections as needed.
• Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
• Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
• Experience teaching integrated developmental English and Reading.
• Experience teaching college-level composition courses.
• Experience teaching in a community college setting.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.