GROUNDS KEEPER I
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03685PWorking TitleGROUNDS KEEPER IDepartmentFMD Grounds-MaintenanceAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
The UGA Facilities Management Division is the largest of 7 divisions reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The exceptional staff of over 800 personnel within the Facilities Management Division manage, operate and maintain campus landscapes, buildings and infrastructure to promote the long-term sustainability of the University of Georgia.College/Unit/Department websitefmd.uga.eduPosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Some night and/or weekend work may be required to meet departmental goals, deadlines and/or emergencies.Advertised Salary$25,413Posting Date08/06/2019Open until filledNoClosing Date08/16/2019Proposed Starting Date09/16/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleService/Maintenance WorkerPay GradeFLSAJob FamilyFacilitiesFTE1.00Minimum Qualifications
Requires are least a high school diploma or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
This is manual laboring work of more than ordinary difficulty often involving the performance of semi-skilled duties. Work involves the performance of laboring tasks requiring some job-acquired skills, which frequently include operating automotive equipment and providing semi-skilled assistance to trade workers. Duties which are of a routine nature are performed with some degree of independence; the more skilled tasks, however, are performed under closer supervision. An employee will drive a truck and some light construction equipment, involving responsibility for safe and efficient operation. Specific instructions are normally received with assignments. Special and special instructions are normally received with assignmentsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Knowledge of the grounds maintenance trades
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
Will lift up to 75 lbs throughout an 8.0 hour work day.
- Will stand/walk for long periods of time, stoop, bend, squat, climb stairs, work from a standard and/or extended ladder, and work with hands above head.
- Will perform duties under adverse weather and/or climate conditions (rain, heat and cold)
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Operate backpack blowers, weed trimmers and edgersPercentage of time40 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Mowing grass and Landscape MaintenancePercentage of time40 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Weed controlPercentage of time10 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
MulchingPercentage of time10Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or GED Completion Certificate?
- Yes, I have completed high school and have a HS Diploma
- Yes, I have completed my GED and have a GED Completion Certificate
- No, I have not completed high school and do not have a GED
- * Are you willing to work outside under adverse weather conditions (rain, hot and cold weather)?
- * Are you willing to lift 75 lbs, climb stair, walk, stand, balance, stoop, bend, squat, work with hands above head, work from a standard and/or extended ladder and scaffold frequently throughout an 8 hour shift, 5 days a week?
- No Response
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- No Response
- * Please describe your experience with the following equipment: mowers, backpack blowers, weed trimmers, edgers, trucks, dump trucks and tractors.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter