IT Technology and Data Analyst (Temporary)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleIT Technology and Data Analyst (Temporary)Union LevelDepartmentEberhardt School of BusinessCampusStocktonPosting Number201301802PFull or Part TimePart TimeNumber of Months6Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours.
This is a temporary non-benefit eligible position.Position End DateOpen Date08/07/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply before August 13, 2019.Position Summary Information Primary Purpose
The IT Technology and Data Analyst is to work under the supervision of the corresponding Technical Operations Lead on a part time 25 an hour per week basis to ensure the proper functionality of the school’s technology services and conduct data analyses as necessary.Essential Functions
Duties under this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Testing, adjusting, and operating digital media, classroom and office computer equipment for students, faculty, staff and administrator use related to teaching, learning, functions, meetings and activities coordinated by the Eberhardt School.
• Set-up of technical devices in meeting and office environments per request. Facilitates the set-up and movement of hardware and components as necessary.
• Demonstrate and explain to faculty, staff, and students how technologies used for functions of and relating to teaching, learning, functions, meetings and activities coordinated by the Eberhardt School are used.
• Repair and upgrade school hardware and software as required.
2. Perform a wide variety of data analyses (from data collection to report preparation) as requested by the corresponding Operations Manager.
• Work independently and report in a regular and timely manner.
• Decide on and use a variety of analytical methods based on situational needs.
• Create visually appealing diagrams, presentations, and reports based on analyses performed.
3. Performs all other job-related duties as assigned by corresponding Operations Manager.Minimum Qualifications
• Experience in a technology-centric environment performing computer system maintenance and data analysis.
• Experience in programming and scripting.
• Master’s Degree Computer Science or related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven ability to work independently and as a part of a productive team.
• Demonstrates positive attitude and a proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
• Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher Excel, and Access).
• Experienced with Tableau and/or similar data visualization software.
• Experienced and comfortable with report preparation and data presentation for varying levels of technicality.
• Communicates meaningful and precise knowledge and information in a meaningful way.
• Experienced with programming (at least, preferably in more than these) in Python, R, and Java.
• Can perform data analyses and create scripts with at least two languages each.
• Experience and familiarity with the ITIL framework.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Knowledge of current practices of technology-based instructional systems.
• Ability to install, support and troubleshoot applications, databases, personal computers and mobile technology in multi-platform environment.
• Ability to maintain and complete multiple projects simultaneously in an effective and timely manner.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong team and customer-oriented focus in providing technology services.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with a wide variety of customers and management. Frequent standing, walking of varying lengths, occasional climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience in a technology-centric environment performing computer system maintenance and data analysis?
- * Do you have experience in programming and scripting?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document