Course Room Monitor
Job location: Minneapolis, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-07
The Course room Monitor position supports academic leadership by providing them with data regarding the quantity and quality of faculty-learner interaction in the courseroom. The position also provides support in data integration and analysis for university wide initiatives
- Generate quantitative and qualitative reports (70%):
- Generate weekly quantitative and daily qualitative reports on a schedule and upon request
- Recognize, understand, and uphold Capella’s Expectations for Online Instruction
- Understand and navigate Capella’s learning platform tools
- Utilize neutral/non-judgmental language to communicate observations and performance concerns
- Collaborate with Enterprise Reporting to maintain report quality
- Maintain accurate records of reports
- Generate ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist data integration and analysis in a continuous quality improvement manner (25%)
- Synthesize and analyze data for consumption by academic leadership and Human Resources
- Partner with the supervisor to enhance data collection and utilization to allow trend identification and benchmarking
- Assist in integrating current data with other university wide data sources and processes to create a holistic, efficient and consistent way of data interpretation
- Participate in continuous quality improvement efforts based on use of the data
- Manage professional relationships and cross-functional collaboration (5%)
- Correspond regularly with academic leadership, maintaining collaborative, yet service oriented relationships
- Respond to requests for courseroom investigation and report clarification with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate within the Center for Faculty Excellence, cross-functionally with Academic Quality and Analytics, Information Technology and other departments University-wide
- Additional project support as needed
- Technical Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Data collection, analysis, summary and interpretation of results
- Adobe Connect
- Soft Skills: Organization, excellent written and verbal communication skills, prioritization, customer service, ability to meet tight deadlines, flexibility, and ability to identify complex problems and work through corresponding solutions with multiple stakeholders
- 1 to 3 years of experience with eLearning programs
- Master degree from an accredited institution required with education/training in program evaluation and data analysis
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- Must be able to travel 0-10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]