Admissions & Records Representative
Job location: Minneapolis, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-06
The Learner Services & Operations (LSO) Admissions & Records Representative is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and security of applicant, learner and alumni documents and record requests. This may include scanning/indexing, processing, tracking, and following-up on official transcripts and application documents, evaluation of documents for admission and transfer credit, management of learner documents, or review and processing of learner record requests. The LSO Admissions & Records Representative works as part of a team that provides exceptional support both to Capella applicants and learners, as well as internal partners
- Workflow Processing and Knowledge
- Manage incoming applicant and learner documents with ability to maintain confidentiality of records.
- Respond to telephone and e-mail service requests from applicants, learners, and internal partners.
- Conduct outreach to other schools to follow-up on transcripts.
- Contact vendor partners to verify learner information, including enrollment status, background checks, and licensure.
- Ability to accurately process, track, and report admission and/or learner record information.
- Review, verify, and assess transcripts in accordance with established guidelines for admissions, records, and transfer credit.
- Understand and comply with business rules and university policies.
- Achieve quality and productivity metrics established for team
- Attend job specific training to continuously improve skills.
- Develops individual performance and professional development goals annually with focus on continuous improvement.
- Engage in professional development opportunities
- Train and mentor new and existing staff members
- Process Improvements and Problem Solving
- Maximize skills and knowledge to support business initiatives
- Participate in proactive problem solving with team and internal partners.
- Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule.
- Additional duties as apparent or assigned.
- Minimum one year customer service experience required. Understanding/experience in academics desired.
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating a sound ability to effectively listen
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize own work to tight time constraints.
- Consistently demonstrate customer focus.
- Positively represents department on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to a professional culture that combines the traditions of higher education with the innovation of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Associate degree from an accredited institution or commensurate experience required, Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- Must be able to travel % of time.
- Must be able to lift lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]