CNA Lab and Clinical Instructor/Part-Time
Department:: Academic Affairs
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Aug 6, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
Dutchess Community College is seeking multiple part time Lab and Clinical instructors to teach in our Certified Nursing Assistant program for the Fall Semester. These positions are part-time day and/or evening, up to 25 hours per week. Candidates must be available to teach at least two sessions per week at consistently scheduled class-times; availability of 3-4 sessions/week is preferred.
- Direct secondary lab instruction for class cohorts that exceed eight students;
- Direct clinical instruction/supervision;
- Attend site visits and orientations at clinical instruction facilities;
- Attend department and staff meetings as required.
- Current non-expired New York State Registered Professional Nurse License Number and documentation.
2. Any one of the following:
- Certification to teach Nurse Assistant trainees or Practical Nursing; or
- Two years of experience teaching nurse assistants in a residential health care facility; or
- Three years of experience teaching nursing or nursing related programs to adults in an academic setting approved by the Commissioner of Education; or
- Completion of a New York State approved "Train the Trainer" program Two years of experience caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill.
3. Two years of experience caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill.
Additional, Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience;
- 3 or more years of instructional experience;
- Availability to teach 3 or more days/evenings per week for the duration of the course.