Category:: Academic Support
Department:: Testing Center
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Aug 6, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
Dutchess Community College is seeking to hire a part-time test proctor to work 10-15 hours per week in the Testing Center. This position would be responsible for administering and proctoring exams. For a detailed list of this position's tasks, please see the responsibilities.
- Proctor all student testing including approved accommodative testing;
- Ability to Benefit Testing,TEAStests,make-uptesting,placement and proficiency test sandal so exams for non-DCC students from other colleges;
- Participate inyearly online trainings such as certification to be able to proctor ATB test;
- Explain and clarify test instructions for students;
- Provide testing accommodations for students with disabling conditions;
- Be knowledgeable of the different campus offices' functions to make referrals when needed;
- Maintain attendance rosters of students utilize testing services;
- Ensure security of all testing materials;
- Enter student test scores into Banner;
- Report equipment malfunctions to HELP desk and Coordinator of Testing;
- Attend department meetings and workshops that enhance professional development.
- This is a part-time position;
- Ability to have a flexible schedule;
- Ability to work independently in a quiet environment;
- Learn detailed procedured, multi-task and prioritize;
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Window applications;
- Internet, email and troubleshooting minor computer issues;
- Associate's degree required;
- Knowledge of Dutchess Community College population preferred.